Our hours of operation are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with a 1 hour lunch at midday.
The primary purpose of the Building Department is to ensure building safety through the enforcement of municipal, state, and federal regulations and codes. All plans for development are first reviewed by the department for adherence to regulatory statutes. Upon approval of proposed plans, permits are issued that allow for the construction and alteration of structures. Throughout the building process, the Building Inspector will visit active work sites reviewing work and approving various stages of construction. Final inspections will signal the end of the review process with new or renovated buildings receiving formal certificates of occupancy, which allows the structure to become occupied.
The primary divisions of the Building Department are:
* Building Code Enforcement
* Plumbing Code Enforcement
* Electric Code Enforcement ( With approved NY State Underwriter )
* Fire Safety Code Enforcement
* Property Maintenance Code Enforcement
Additionally, the department assists residents and developers with understanding ordinances and regulations that affect construction in the Town of Marlborough. The following is a list of informational services that are also provided:
* Understanding the Town Ordinance
* Evaluating and Assisting Requests for Property
* Review Applications for the Zoning Board of Appeals
* Review Applications for the Planning Board
* Handling Complaints about Zoning, Building, or Other Local Laws
* Investigating Fire Scenes
When making an appointment with the Building Inspector, you must call at least 24 hours prior to the date you wish to be seen.
Please call the Building Department during our regular working hours for any questions or concerns you may have regarding the New York State Building Code, the Town Code, or the Town Building Zone Ordinance.
Click here to access the Forms page to download various Permit Applications.